Friday, August 3, 2012

Finding the Perfect Travel Companion

The Perfect Companion: Travel Duffles



With New York Fashion Week (NYFW) roughly 33 days away, I began shopping for my upcoming trip to NYC. If you follow any of my tweets on Twitter or posts on Facebook, you would know that I am super excited to be attending Lucky Magazine's Blogger Conference in September for the first time. I have to say it is slightly daunting though because with a closet full of clothes, I still feel I have nothing to wear. Go figure! Since I'm still up in the air about what i'm going to wear, I thought I'd start with finding a luggage. Of course, I own a few pieces of luggage already, but after a few years of wear and tear, stains, snagged zippers etc., it is definitely time for some new pieces.

Since I'm going to one of the fashion mecca's, I can't be seen carrying just any ole thing so I searched for a few duffle bags that I can use as my carry-on bag for the plane ride. Having a medium to large duffle will allow me to carry all my essential items like toiletries, undergarments, a few outfits and shoes. This way if anything should happen to the luggage I checked-in, I have clothes and all my essentials to get me through my trip. If anyone knows anything about traveling internationally and having lost luggage, you probably understand why I'm saying pack a carry-on with essentials and clothing. Nothing like being half-way across the world with no luggage and just a wallet, passport and chewing gum! (Can you tell this happened to me before?! lol)

My picks for a duffle bag to take to NYC are shown above. They're all pretty reasonably priced. I love animal print, probably as much, if not more than I love sparkles and bling so I am leaning towards number 2 with the cheetah print, but i'm still undecided.


What do you all think? Which one is your fav? 

No comments:

Post a Comment