Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fashion Swap Party

This past weekend, I threw my semi-annual fashion swap party at my home. It was a blast! Clothes, shoes, accessories, music and food.....all the ways to a girl's heart! Since we as girls often accumulate so much clothing that we don't wear or don't fit, fashion swapping allows you to get rid of the clothes you don't use and swap them for clothing that is 'new to you'. It's kind of a greener way of getting rid clothes by recycling them to friends.

This year, I invited four of my best girlfriends and told them to bring at least five items they no longer wore that was in good condition. The items consisted of clothes, shoes, jewelry, and handbags. When they entered my home, I took their bag of goodies and displayed them around the room for easy shopping access. Each girl had one-minute to shop for one item each until all the items were claimed. The girls were then allowed to try-on their swaps to see what fit and what didn't. They were able to swap amongst themselves for the items that didn't fit until all the girls had at least five items they were happy to take home. All the girls modeled their clothes for pictures and got styling tips from yours truly to make their new outfits really pop.

Towards the end of the night, I had a door prize for one very special lady and the winner was determined by a good ole 'name out of a hat'. One lucky girlfriend of mine won a gift set of bath products courtesy of my Avon Representative, Nancy Riesel.


It was a night to remember and so much fun! All my friends including myself cannot wait until the next party and I most of all can't wait to wear all my new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment