Thursday, July 12, 2012

July Beauty Picks!


It's that time again! I am constantly scouring drugstores to find the best beauty products that can be found over-the-counter. When I find products that actually work, I like to share them here because if you're anything like me, I prefer to try something that has worked on somebody else I know so I don't feel like i'm wasting my money. So here are my July Beauty Picks for you to share, try or comment on:

I. Olay Complete Moisturizer 
II. Clearasil Pore Cleansing Pads
III. MAC Cosmetics 'Studio Fix Fluid'  
IV. Hydrolyze Under Eye Treatment



I. I was actually given this moisturizer by a dermatologist because I have really bad acne flare-ups from time to time and I was told that it was oil free and won't clog my pores. I absolutely love this moisturizer because it isn't greasy, it doesn't leave my face shiny and it doesn't make my face oily. The best thing about it is it has SPF 15 in it so it protects my face from the harsh Florida sun and it's pretty reasonably priced.

II. As I said before, I have many acne flare-ups from stress (fulltime student, fulltime job, part-time blogger), my hair (if I don't wash it after a week), and during my cycle (which is self explanatory). The Clearasil pads help combat the flare-ups if I use them twice a day; once before bed and once in the morning. The best thing about them is that I can carry it anywhere so if I feel a bump surfacing, I can wipe my face down and that usually helps from getting those big red nasty pimples. Ick!

III. I've always been a Sephora shopper for my base make-up products, but my best friend introduced me to the MAC foundation and I've been a fan ever since! They have many kinds of foundation options for every skin type, but my foundation of choice is the 'Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15' in NC50 color. I love how smooth it goes on and I love the silky matte finish it gives me. It's really good at hiding some of the dark marks on my face from old blemishes and any under-eye circles I may have from lack of sleep. If you have a darker complexion like I do, I really recommend this foundation because it does wonders for our skin color and it blends so well.

IV. Last, but not least, I was given Hydrolyze by my best friend (yeah, her again!) to help with puffiness under my eyes. It's actually one of those television type products from one of those infomercials, but it does work! I was skeptical too at first because I don't usually buy anything from a television infomercial since I automatically assume the products don't work, but this does! Put a little on at night (and I do mean a little because it gets kind of tingly) underneath your eyes and blend until it fades. In the morning, almost immediately, you will see that your puffiness is gone and your eyes look brighter and more awake. I don't know about you, but I usually can use all the help I can get! I recommend trying Hydrolyze if you have dark circles or puffiness under your eyes, it really is a great product!


So that's it! Those were my beauty picks for the month of July. What do you think? Which one will you try or have tried in the past? What other products do you use? Be social and share. 



To see last months beauty picks, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait to try the products you have listed. I am so glad the Hydrolyze works for you too. I wore mine last night and I am clearly less puffy in the morning. Worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you love the Hydrolyze as much as do! Can't wait to hear how they other products work out for you. Be sure to share!

    ReplyDelete